I am a builder—unafraid of starting from square one. I’m a strong self-organizer who can take an idea and move forward with little direction. I am skilled in working in an environment in which I am required to shift gears quickly, wear multiple hats and manage shifting priorities while maintaining focus on the organization’s goals and overall mission.
Great content identifies and solves problems for employees and customers alike. Crafting the perfect message to be delivered in the perfect moment is my ultimate goal.
All amazing ideas need a plan to get from Point A to Point B. It’s my job to consider all the factors and track all the moving pieces to get a project across the finish line.
Connecting with your audience in person can achieved 10x that of any digital campaign. Designing a dynamic experience within budget is just my cup of tea.
Running a campus of 600+ members and students required out of the box thinking in order to effectively balance revenue creation, member satisfaction, and operational efficiency. As the Operations Director, I provided sales leadership and strategic direction to the campus to cultivate an outstanding member experience.
– Oversaw day-to-day activities of campus to ensure Galvanize delivers an exceptional, consistent experience for all our student, entrepreneurial, and partner members
– Served as key revenue driver for membership and event revenue
– Lead Community & Facility team to ensure campus is well maintained
– Work with General Manager and Program Director to execute campus programming
– Prepare campus operations budget and forecasts and explain all budget variances
– Monitor collection of membership fees, account receivables and accounts payable
– Drive and support the Galvanize brand within the startup community
As the Marketing Communications Manager, I was responsible for all of Ruby’s external communications. I headed our strategic content marketing efforts, driving lead generation, engagement and brand awareness through compelling content across all mediums. I oversaw our master editorial calendar and execution of all marketing projects, essentially acting as “CEO” of Ruby’s internal agency. In addition to my duties, I managed two Content Specialists, the Multimedia Specialist, Event & Community Coordinator, and the Web & Social Media Specialist positions. This role required a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
OpenSesame is the world’s largest marketplace for buying and selling online training courses. My role with the company was focused on marketing a SaaS product to a corporate audience, with e-commerce as a secondary market. Part traffic cop, part project manager and a whole lot of content creation, my responsibilities included:
– Inbound and outbound campaign development (email, drip, webinars, case studies, etc.)
– Managing the editorial calendar, as well as editing and writing posts
– Developing all customer and partner marketing material
– Evaluating, selecting, and executing on all advertising purchases
– Coordinating all company tradeshows including marketing materials and booth design
– Collaborating and coordinating with multiple teams including Product Development, Sales, SEO and Content Specialists
As the first and only employee, my role consisted of putting ideas into action, overseeing the 501c3 and operations of multipleGangplank locations, supporting initiatives and ensuring the vision of Gangplank’s original founders continued to move forward. In 2011, Gangplank was named among ‘100 BrilliantCompanies’ by Entrepreneur Magazine.
“Katie is a Renaissance woman, sophisticated and educated on worldly affairs with an equal amount of passion for start-ups and cutting edge technology. She’s a pleasure to work with, incredibly organized, creative and passionate about making a difference in the Phoenix tech community.”
Diana Vowels, General Manager @ Galvanize Phoenix
“Katie is a rare blend of being both very creative and completely organized. I know that with any product announcement I put in Katie’s hands will be perfectly written, with beautiful supporting content AND all done on time without stress.”
Katherine Nester, CTO @ Ruby Receptionists
“I use Katie as one of my recruiting tools for the sales team, because she’s Just. That. Good. Never in my life have I worked with someone who does such an excellent job leveraging the marketing efforts to directly impact the sales team. She’s creative, articulate, and diligent. Katie never loses sight of the company goals, while maximizing the impact of the budget she’s given to achieve sales initiatives.”
Erin McCune, Strategic Alliances Manager @ OpenSesame