Hi, I'm Katie.
I am a builder—unafraid of starting from square one. I’m a strong self-organizer who can take an idea and move forward with little direction. I am skilled in working in an environment in which I am required to shift gears quickly, wear multiple hats and manage shifting priorities while maintaining focus on the organization’s goals and overall mission.
Director of Brand & Content
Responsible for establishing and managing an internal agency at Ruby to support awareness, growth and retention initiatives while defining Ruby’s voice and thought leadership in the industry. Develop overarching brand and content themes, optimizing team performance and resource utilization.
Marketing Communications Manager
Oversaw all of Ruby’s external communications and headed our strategic content marketing efforts, driving lead generation, engagement and brand awareness through compelling content across all mediums. Managed master editorial calendar and execution of all marketing projects, essentially acting as “CEO” of Ruby’s internal agency.
Running a campus of 600+ members and students required out of the box thinking in order to effectively balance revenue creation, member satisfaction, and operational efficiency. I provided sales leadership and strategic direction to the campus to cultivate an outstanding member experience.
- Oversaw day-to-day activities of campus to ensure Galvanize delivered an exceptional, consistent experience for all student, entrepreneurial, and partner members
- Served as key revenue driver for membership and event revenue, growing campus from 75 members to 300+ over 12 months and closing an additional $100k in MRR over six months
- Lead Community & Facility team to ensure campus is well maintained
- Work with General Manager and Program Director to execute campus programming
- Prepared campus operations budget and forecasts and explain all budget variances
- Monitor collection of membership fees, account receivables and accounts payable
- Drive and support the Galvanize brand within the startup community
OpenSesame is the world’s largest marketplace for buying and selling online training courses. I was focused on marketing a SaaS product to a corporate audience, with e-commerce as a secondary market. Part traffic cop, part project manager and a whole lot of content creation, my responsibilities included:
- Inbound and outbound campaign development (email, drip, webinars, case studies, etc.)
- Managing the editorial calendar, as well as editing and writing posts
- Developing all customer and partner marketing material
- Evaluating, selecting, and executing on all advertising purchases
- Coordinating all company tradeshows including marketing materials and booth design
- Collaborating and coordinating with multiple teams including Product Development, Sales, SEO and Content Specialists
As the first and only employee, my role consisted of putting ideas into action, overseeing the 501c3 and operations of multipleGangplank locations, supporting initiatives and ensuring the vision of Gangplank’s original founders continued to move forward. In 2011, Gangplank was named among ‘100 Brilliant Companies’ by Entrepreneur Magazine.